Leeds Ambassadors: Job Description
Role overview: What is an Ambassador?
Pregnancy and postnatal mental health ambassadors are a small team of people who work to promote the resources related to emotional health in pregnancy and beyond and support the plan for improving perinatal mental health in Leeds.
Ambassadors take on various roles, including
- Promoting and raising awareness about the services available for pregnant
people, their partners, and post-natal services (including promoting online
information about these services), e.g. attending public events
- Promoting the ‘emotional health during pregnancy and beyond’ anti-stigma
- Working with the press and local networks to promote the above, including
online social media platforms
- Supporting other people in the city to have their say and feedback on services
which support emotional health for people in pregnancy and post-natally
- To advise on and develop content which is relevant and engaging for parents-to-be
- Attending some professional meetings in the city to represent the ambassador team and making sure people’s voices are heard
- You will have an interest in mental health service improvement for parents-to-be
- You need to be self-motivated, and confident to work with other people and
professionals in the city
- You will be happy to work independently and travel to different parts of the
- You will be passionate about reducing stigma related to mental health issues
We strongly encourage people to apply who have personal experience of mental health issues who may have used or attempted to access mental health services in Leeds.
We strongly encourage people to apply who have personal experience of being pregnant or being a partner to someone who has been pregnant.
How we will support you
- You will be line-managed and supported by Common Room
- You will receive a full induction including safeguarding and Data Protection
- You will get support to carry out tasks within the role in ways that suit your skills, experience and circumstances.
Terms and conditions of employment – summary
- You will be employed by Common Room on a 12-month fixed term contract for
a minimum of 1 day per month at a rate of £80 per day (plus holiday pay).
Additional hours negotiated will depend on the duties agreed and your
- Your contract will be subject to review and successfully completing a
probationary period of 3 months.
- You will be employed by Common Room Consultancy and managed by Liz
Neill, Common Room Consultant
If you are interested in applying for this post please email Liz.Neill@Commonroom.uk.com for an application form.
Closing date for applications 5 p.m. 6th December 2018
(Interviews will be held on 12th and 14th December)
Related resources and information