January is that time of the year when motivation and a positive mindset is at its best! We all want to take those first few steps to starting a healthier new year. Let’s TAKE ADVANTAGE of this. There are many small changes in your daily life and routine that you can make to help lose those extra Christmas pounds. Like all changes, they will only take effect if you commit your time to them. Have a read to see if you could make any of the small changes below:
· PROTEIN-BASED SNACKS – As a rule….YOU CAN SNACK! But, the rule is, they have to be the right “type” of snack, and only once or twice a day maximum. Try switching those sugar-based foods, such as leftover Christmas chocolates or biscuits to a high protein based snack. As a tip, protein-based foods BURN FAT CELLS at a much higher rate than any other type of food such as Carbs & Fats. Try having cooked pieces of chicken, boiled eggs, even a tin of tuna with some chopped up tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. When we eat sugar our body CRAVES more! You need to break that cycle to avoid the temptation of bad foods.
· HUNGRY VS THIRSTY – Most of the time when we think we are hungry we are actually thirsty! It is our body’s way of telling us to re-hydrate. Always drink a glass of water before having any snack to test whether you were hungry in the first place. You could also try having a hot/cold water with a slice of lemon. This is proven to be a diet suppressant and is also tasty! If you get a sore throat in the winter months, then add a little honey to help soothe your throat.
· HEALTHY CARBS – Try switching heavy based carbs such as potatoes, pasta and rice for natural sources of fibre and a healthier source of energy. These could consist of, cauliflower rice, quinoa, sweet potato, courgetti spaghetti or bulgar wheat. Avoid any stodgy foods such as crumpets and bagels as not only are these also eaten with most likely butter but they are also very difficult for our bodies to burn off and they both contain high amounts of fat, carbs and calories!
So now you have the health sorted let’s talk about the Fitness!
Let Luce Training is run by Lucy Hanson; a qualified Personal Trainer since 2014. Having previously lived and worked in Merbiel, a ski resort in France, Lucy ran circuits classes for the local residents gaining valuable experience, before returning home and founding Let Luce Training in 2016.
“Since 2016 I have been building Let Luce Training on my own, learning the entire time how to be self-employed and build a successful business. I LOVE working with the public and helping others- this is a huge part of my job, its important to me that every client is looked after as an individual as a gym can be a scary place. I am also specially qualified in Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programming. This is one of the main reasons all of my sessions are strictly private. A gym can be intimidating and can make a lot of clients very self-conscious. All of my clients receive one on one training in a private gym space that is uninterrupted for the duration of their 1-hour session. This is hugely important to me, as I like all my clients to feel as comfortable as possible from the word go. If you really want to get the best results and to see the benefits of your workout you need to be able to get sweaty and not be afraid to breathe heavily!”
EXCITING NEWS for 2018! Let Luce Training have just received the keys to their very own studio space (ground floor & 1st floor!) close to Ilkley town centre.
The ground floor studio will be for Private Personal Training, both single, couples and small group training. This will include standard sessions as well as any Pre or Post Natal Clients.
The 1st floor will be used for holding Private Pre & Post Natal Yoga/Pilates classes, accommodating any mums that are not sure what they should or should not be doing in terms of potential damage to their abdominals during pregnancy.
The Studio will be opening Feb/March 2018- but you don’t need to wait until then! Let Luce Training currently run sessions at Ilkley Rugby Club. There are limited spaces left for Private Personal Training. For more information on pricing and availability please contact:
· Lucy – 07971245610 · LetLuceTraining@gmail.com
· Instagram – Let Luce Training