Harewood House is a country house in Harewood near Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Designed by architects John Carr and Robert Adam, it was built between 1759 and 1771 for wealthy plantation owner Edwin Lascelles, 1st Baron Harewood. There are over 100 acres of gardens at Harewood. They are full of variety, with plants from all over the world. The large adventure playground is a big hit with children as are the penguins and the bird garden. There is a café and gift shop and usually some sort of seasonal activity in the eco-pods & regular events being held.
Harewood House Trust, Harewood House Harewood, Leeds LS17 9LG