Special Events running for Yorkshire Day
(All running on the 1st August)
- Skipton Town Hall – Celebrating Yorkshire Day 2018 with a five-day long mini film festival, Wednesday 1st to Sunday 5th August!
- Booths Ilkley – Celebrate Yorkshire Day in store, with free tastings of some of the best goodies in Yorkshire. Including Rosebud chutneys and jams, Jackson’s Yorkshire Champion breads, plus Longley Farm cottage cheese and soft cheese!
- Leeds Kirkgate Market – Join in a Yorkshire Day celebration (10am -4pm) and support 40 of the region’s finest young traders at the Yorkshire Youth Market. Plus FREE family-friendly activities including free arts and crafts and a “Yorkshire Trail” for children to explore around the market! There will also be a World Record Attempt for the most flat caps in one place!
Throughout the day there will be giveaways, live music from local performers and lots of Yorkshire things for you to see and try from Yorkshire Tea to Yorkshire pudding wraps.
- Harlow Carr Celebrate Yorkshire Day with a fun-filled day for the whole family from 10am–3pm. Take part in the Adventure Games at 1pm with flat cap throwing, Yorkshire pudding & spoon race and a Yorkshire Tea relay race. Bring a picnic, take part in the races and maybe win a prize or two. Normal admission applies.
- Lotherton Hall – Enjoy a community gala day with stalls and live performances including a miners march and brass band as well as the normal family fun at Lotherton. Normal admission applies. 11am-4pm
- Temple Newsam – Meet down at the Show House in the Walled Garden to pot your very own plant to take home for Yorkshire Day. Event runs from 1pm – 3pm. All materials and the event are FREE, normal estate admission applies
- Leeds Industrial Museum at Armley Mills For the first time ever, the historic site plays host to none other than the Yorkshire Open Hat Throwing Championships! Museum visitors will have the chance to throw their hat into the ring and take part in a contest which began almost a decade ago on the edge of the iconic Ilkley Moor.
Running from 11am to 3pm, entry to the competition is included in museum admission charges and hats will be provided!
- White Rose Shopping Centre – Join Boomchikkaboom for farm themed Yorkshire Day celebrations outside in The Village at White Rose Shopping Centre (10am-5pm). Activities include mini tractor races, mini farm school, a Yorkshire Pudding throwing competition and FREE face painting.
- York Maze – Celebrate all that is great in Yorkshire at York Maze with round bale racing, eat Yorkshire puds, throw Yorkshire puds and much more!
Eat, Drink & Sleep Yorkshire
If none of these events takes your fancy why not:
- Explore the beautiful Yorkshire countryside with a walk, bike ride or even a trip to the beach!
- Sample the Yorkshire grown produce at a local PYO or pack a picnic and try one of our favourite spots!
- And we all know it wouldn’t be ‘reet’ to let Yorkshire Day pass by without making or at least eating some Yorkshire Puddings or drinking some Yorkshire brewed beer or a G&T! Find your perfect venue with our Child-friendly Restaurants!
Happy Yorkshire Day from Wharfedale & Craven Mumbler x
If you want to learn more about the history of Yorkshire Day, there is a good summary here.